Therapy can be a place of warmth, exploration, relief, insight and even humour. I see it as my role to help you to make more sense of your experience, feel better able to cope, sidestep old patterns and identify new possibilities.
* I’m not able to take on new clients at present. Feel free however to call me on the number above if you would like some support finding a therapist or you can complete our ‘find a therapist’ form and we’ll help you find someone to speak to: cityroadtherapy.co.uk/#consultation
Integrative psychotherapy and counselling with Ellie
I am an integrative psychotherapist and counsellor and I support people if they are struggling with the day to day or with particular life events. I have been seeing clients since 2005 privately and in public organisations. I am also the co-founder of City Road Therapy.
Whether you are in crisis or simply wanting some time to reflect, I provide a down to earth, supportive, and creative space in which you can express and explore difficulties in your own time. I use an integrative approach in my practice which means that I do not approach you or our work together from one fixed theoretical perspective. At times I may suggest some creative work or cognitive mapping, depending on whether I think it may support you. These can greatly support you to explore your experience and identify new possibilities in the way you approach your life.
I work relationally and always welcome your thoughts on our sessions and how we are working together. It’s important you feel heard, respected and understood. I will support you to effectively communicate your experience to others when you choose, so you feel more authentic and potent in your relationship to yourself and others.
* I am going on maternity leave in May 2020 and will be returning and taking on clients from the beginning of January 2021.
Qualifications and experience
Masters with Merit in Integrative Psychotherapy
I undertake further trainings every year to update and broaden my knowledge and skill base. These have included specialist trainings in:
- Relational CBT
- Working in higher education
- Working with writing and journaling in therapy
- Working with sexual violence and abuse
- Working with difference
- Transactional analysis group dynamics
- Attachment and adolescents.
I work as a therapist, group facilitator and teacher. Previous work includes secondary and higher education, a sexual violence counselling service and a mental health service.
£55 a session. I have some places at a reduced rate for clients with lower incomes. Please ask about these if you feel you are eligible.