I am a BACP registered integrative, humanistic and psychodynamic counsellor. I can help you to connect the dots, making sense of what has happened in your life and why/how it’s affecting you now. I will encourage you to explore feelings at your own pace, at times gently challenging you and enabling you to notice blind spots and patterns. By bringing awareness and insight to difficult aspects of your life you will be able to move towards effective change and self growth.
Integrative counselling with Joe
I will create a safe, confidential, non-judgemental space for you to explore feelings, thoughts and behaviour. I’ll also encourage you to explore the therapeutic relationship between us, what it brings up for you and how it relates to your relationships outside of the therapy room.
My approach is tailored towards each client and I will draw upon humanistic and psychodynamic models of therapy. I have a particular interest in mindfulness and the mind-body connection. I work to the BACP ethical framework.
Previously I worked in the music industry which gave me an insight into the effects of burnout, stress and depression which can stem from high pressured careers.
I have experience of working with anger, depression, anxiety, attachment issues, suicidal thoughts, trauma, eating disorders, OCD, addiction, self harm, relationship difficulties, sexual identity, parenting, childhood abuse, gender identity, cultural issues, bereavement and loss.
I offer short term and long term therapy, in person, online or by phone.
Qualifications and trainings
- Qualified member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Humanistic Counselling, CPPD Counselling School – BACP Accredited
- Diploma in Integrative Humanistic Counselling, CPPD Counselling School – BACP Accredited
- Certificate in Integrative Humanistic Counselling, CPPD Counselling School
- Introduction to Counselling, Minster Centre
I have taken short courses in:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Deep trauma
- Suicidal thoughts
- Neuroscience and attachment theory
- Psychiatry, psychopathology, and psychodynamics
- Time-limited counselling
Sessions are weekly and last 50 minutes at £70 per session.
Some concessionary slots are available, please enquire.
If you are interested then please send me an email or text and I will get back to you asap. We can then arrange a free 15 minute phone call to gauge whether I’m the right person to help and also as an opportunity for you to ask me any questions.