I have over 30 years experience helping families, including adult families, couples and individuals to overcome difficulties in their lives. I’m currently in independent practice as a clinician and supervisor and also work in the NHS in a specialist eating disorder service for children and adults. I work as a visiting lecturer at the Tavistock Centre and was previously a supervisor on the MSc Systemic Psychotherapy course at The Institute of Family Therapy and KCC. I am registered with The Association of Family Therapy (AFT) and the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) as a family and systemic psychotherapist and supervisor.
Family and systemic therapy with Emily
Systemic psychotherapy can be very useful in alleviating a range of problems that individuals and families commonly encounter. As therapists, we can provide help and guidance for those experiencing difficult times.
Systemic psychotherapy aims to promote understanding and collaboration in relationships and amongst family members. We work in partnership with you and are sensitive to diverse family structures, relationships, beliefs and cultures. We respect the family’s and individual’s experience and build on existing strengths.
We focus on how the family might work together to bring about positive change, arranging sessions that can be with individual members or with the family as a whole. Systemic psychotherapy may be used as the primary source of help or used as a complementary approach in conjunction with other support.
Qualifications and experience
- Systemic family therapist, supervisor and trainer
- MSc in Systemic Psychotherapy
- CQSW Northumbria University
- DSSTT Postgraduate Diploma in Systemic Supervision, Teaching and Training
- Postgraduate Diploma in Supervision CYP IAPT King’s College London
Issues I help with
- I work on a range of issues within relationships. I also work with issues arising from loss and bereavement, eating disorders and other personal difficulties.
- I work with my co-therapy colleague Maureen Miller when seeing couples and families.
A flexible fee scale is available based on income which we can discuss when you get in touch.