Executive and life coaching
Executive and life coaching are not the same as psychotherapy (therapy). A therapist will explore the underlying causes of any emotional issues and help you if you’re feeling emotionally distressed. On the other hand, a life or executive coach will focus more on the future. They will work with you to help you set and work towards personal development goals.
Life coaches and executive coaches are not qualified to diagnose or treat trauma or health-related problems (unless they specify this in their personal profiles). However, if a coach feels you need more emotional or mental health support they can refer you to see a counsellor, psychotherapist or GP.
See below for more information about how executive and life coaching can help you.
If you are a professional looking for a better way of working and living, executive coaching can help tilt the balance towards a life that has more meaning, fulfilment and success.
Life is so fast-paced that it can be difficult to stop and think about your career, relationships at work, your wellbeing, or your life in general. Sometimes it can seem impossible to take time to focus on what matters most to you.
An executive coach can work with you in depth to help you:
- Find the time to tune in to or reconnect with your goals, dreams and wishes
- Identify what you long to have more (or less) of in your life
- Harness your energy to change tack and get on track
- Commit to seeing those changes through, whether that’s to have the confidence to lead and effect change in the workplace, facilitate collaborative working with others, or make meaningful shifts in other areas of your life.
Our executive coaches will always respect and believe in your wishes, and take your lead to help you reach the right outcome for you. A coach will ask the right questions to ignite your thinking, gently challenge any limiting beliefs, and ‘move you on’ to where you want to be in your life.
If you know you want to make certain changes in your life and are looking for tools to help you do this, you may find life coaching helpful.
You may be looking to:
- Make changes in your current life trajectory
- Change or adapt your career
- Redefine your ‘self’ and how you think about your potential
- Create a better work/life balance
- Develop strategies to fulfil specific personal or professional goals.
Our life coaches will aim to empower you to make and meet personal and/or professional goals.